EFECS 2022 was held on the 24th-25th of November in Amsterdam at Beurs van Berlage. ANDANTE participated for the third time in this event through a booth. A roll-up and four posters were prepared to give an overview of ANDANTE and provide more details and updates on the technical achievements obtained two and a half years after the beginning of the project. The content of these posters provides the following information:
- Roll-up: It provides an overview of the project objectives and challenges. It also presents a system diagram of the ANDANTE context and the type of systems considered. Moreover, a brief description of the technical solutions and the expected impacts of the project is provided.
- New memory technologies for AI Applications: After a brief introduction and the list of main objectives, the activities and achievements carried out for three (OxRAM, FeFET and SOT-SRAM) of the four eNVM targeted by ANDANTE. In this poster, the use of each of these three technologies in the design of the “analog in Memory computing” (aIMC) IP is illustrated. This IP is fundamental in the design of highly efficient neuromorphic processors.
- Tools and methodologies for training, profiling and mapping neural networks on a hardware target: This poster describes this activity and the main achievements obtained since the previous year. The information provided includes the application-dependent high-level design choices, the training tools and the generation, mapping and simulation tools developed in ANDANTE.
- Design and implementation of neuromorphic ASICs/SoCs and platforms for Edge Computing applications solutions: It provides a synthetic view of the type of the designed accelerators developed in ANDANTE (Digital inferences, Mixed-signal inference and Spiking neural network), the associated platforms and the application areas where they are being validated and evaluated.
- Use cases in five domains (Digital Industry, Digital Farming, Transport and Smart Mobility, Healthcare and Digital Society): This poster provides for each use case (14 in total) a short description, its challenges and positioning vs the state-of-the-art as well as its development.
ECS-Strategic Research Innovation Agenda (SRIA) 2023 was also presented in this event, as a fifth edition and an update of the ECS SRIA, jointly developed by the members of the three industrial associations: AENEAS, EPoSS and Inside. Several members from the ANDANTE consortium, including the Project Coordinator, Mario Diaz Nava contributed to the ECS-SRIA 2023. This edition was the basis for proposals for KDT Call 2 and Xecs Call 2. It describes the Major Challenges and priorities and the necessary R&D&I efforts to tackle them in the area of the electronics components and systems, and systems of systems, spanning the entire ECS value chain, from foundational and cross-sectional technologies to application fields.